Guess what? I like to write. Here’s my contribution to the hundred-million-typing-monkeys anarchy of the Web. As ever, everything here is property of Christian Sauvé, ask before stealing, yadda-yadda-yadda. You’re welcome.
1. A Few Reviews…
When a few reviews eventually become more than four hundred pages of reviews, it’s time to move them to their own section.
2. Science Fiction
You either love it or you don’t…
- World Fantasy Convention 2001 Report: November 1-4, 2001, Montréal: Your reporter braves embarrassment to bring you a gutter-class report of a world-class convention. A similar French report was published in Solaris magazine.
- World Science-Fiction Convention 2003 (Torcon3) Report: August 29th-September 1st, 2003, Toronto: The Worldcon! The biggest literary science-fiction event of the year! In Canada! Read all about it!
- World Science-Fiction Convention 2004 (Noreascon4) Report: September 2nd-6th, 2004, Boston: A real Worldcon! Bigger! Better! Read all about it!
- World Science-Fiction Convention 2006 (L.A.Con IV) Report: SF fans and professionals mingling away from the hot South California sun.
- Science Fiction and the Public Service: A bibliographical essay describing how the public sector is usually represented in SF.
- Alternate Hugos: My take on the Hugos from 1951 to 2006, with plenty of alternate choices.
- 100 Good Films: A very informal list of some favorite (and not-so-favorite) movies.
- How to get Free Movie Tickets: A quick guide to obtaining advance preview tickets without breaking the law.
- 1997-1999 Summer Movie Parodies: Hey, I was young and I thought I could do better.
- An explanation for SOLARIS: Bemused by the George Clooney/Steven Soderbergh film? No more!
4. NaNoWriMo Blogs
Is it possible to write a novel in thirty days? Why, yes. Is it possible to write a good novel in thirty days? Um, no.
- 2002 edition (Novel #1):
- 2003 edition (Novel #2):
- Writing: November 2003 daily journal
- 2004 edition (Novel #3):
- Writing: November 2004 daily journal
- 2005 edition (Novel #4):
- Writing: November 2005 daily journal
- 2006 edition (Novel #5):
- Writing: November 2006 daily journal
- 2008 edition (Novel #6):
- Writing: November 2008 daily journal
- 2009 edition (Novel #7):
- Writing: November 2009 debriefing
I’m not much of a tourist, but here’s what I got:
- New York 2001: My trip to the Big Apple, June 29-July 2 2001.
- Los Angeles 2006: Two days and a half in sunny L.A.
- Chicago 2007: Windy? Maybe.
- Vancouver 2007: Photos now; patter later.
- Florida 2008: (Coming Soon. Spoiler: I wasn’t impressed.)
- Denver 2008: Halfway between Texas and Calgary…
- San Francisco 2009: Lovely, but I can’t afford to live there.
- Boston: (Coming eventually)
6. Random Stuff…
Some writings that don’t fit anywhere else.
- Losing Weight: Yes you can! I did, and it was fun!
- Laser Vision: One geek’s less-than-perfect experience with laser eye surgery.
- The Amazon Bookmarklets: A fun tool for bibliophiles.
- Being Canadian: An essay of the joys and pride of being a Canadian citizen.
- If you can read French, you can (in addition of being able to read French) read more of my writings on the French version of my Web Site.